Thursday, November 17, 2011

Prematurity Awareness Day

Today is Prematurity Awareness Day. I must admit I was not aware of this day until I read a friend's status on Facebook sharing her own experiences.

It just got me thinking A Lot about our own little soon- to-be-three bundle of Joy. I remember being over six weeks early and being at work terrified becuase I hadn't felt the baby move since the day before, I was trying not to overreact but finally left work to see my doctor who immedietely just sent me to the hospital. I remember calling my mom while I was driving myself to the hospital crying, thinking how unprepared I was if this baby were to come that day.

They ended up stopping labor and jane came a week later. She only spent a few extra days in the NICU, but seriously I am very grateful for the NICU nurses. They were the most amazing people, and I feel like since our family was unable to make it right away, they were my first mommy teachers.

I am so grateful to have Jane in my life, she is our everything. She was totally worth it all! we love our little premi.

3 comments:

Mexico Brewers said...

Congrats on the new little one to be! I am 14 weeks pregnant and we are pretty excited. How far along are you? Are you guys back in WA? Hope you're doing great!

Alysha said...

wait....you're preggo??? Ashley, we need to chat! I miss you like crazy. I think around the holidays the most because you were my family out here! I want you guys back!

Ally and Moema said...

so happy and so mad, how could you not tell me you are pregnant, I have been wasting prayers for you guys to get pregnant!