Sunday, November 11, 2007

The winds of change are blowing...

as most of you know I work with a six year old girl with special needs at school.... I have ben doing this job since last december, almost a year now!! It i s a good job because it is 5 minutes away, and I am home by 2:30. Unfortunately, I was notified about a month ago that they will be switching schools shortly, not just in the next town... but all the way in Honolulu. Since there is no way I am willing to commute that far again, I started looking for a new job....I actually found two opportunities, one was a case manager position with DOH. The other was a family support worker for the Healthy start program here on the North Shore. I went with the position closer to home which is working for the healthy start program!! Basically I go and teach parenting skills to at risk families... I am pretty stoked about the opportunity to learn something new! I start the Monday affter Thanksgiving!!!

4 comments:

Tiffani said...

YAY! Congrats Ashley! I hope you love it!

The Frandsens said...

Wow that is very exciting! You are going to have to tell me how you like it, because that was originally the sort of thing I wanted to do. Thats great you found something so close

Stef said...

congrats and bummer at the same time! it's always hard finding something new when you had something you enjoyed!

Sabs said...

hello! Its been awhile. Just catching up on all your posts. You look so hot in a Toga, you should concider setting a new trend. Also goo dluck with the new job. I bet you'll get lots of neat experiences!