Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Kokua Festival 2008




Once again the Kokua Festival didn't disappoint.

This year featured: Kokua regular Paula Fuga who Ashley swears is the Hawaiian reincarnation of Alicia Keys, Mason Jennings who is a new school version of Bob Dylan and special guests Dave Mathews and Tim Reynolds. Dave Mathews and Tim Reynolds were the highlight of the night, Tim Reynolds plays guitar like nobodies business and Dave was hilarious although incoherent at times. Ashley and I's favorite moment was when Jack Johnson dedicated his new song "Angel" to his wife and he transitioned into a cool version of OUR song "Better Together".


This was my 3rd Kokua Festival and I feel so lucky to have been able to see musicians like Ben Harper, Willie Nelson, Enrie Cruz Jr, Damian Marley,Matt Costa, Eddie Vedder, and now I can throw Dave Mathews in the mix, I feel so lucky to be able to have seen these artists live and in the Waikiki Shell no less. I think once I'm out of here my luck will have run out, so I have to have a lifetime of concerts while I'm still out here.

3 comments:

Brad and Sue Frandsen said...

Wow! That is so cool, you do live in paradise you know! I know our Ashley is really looking forward to those concerts as well and hanging out with you two. Glad your finals are over...I can't believe we'll see each other tomorrow!!! Yeah for us :)

Tiffani said...

I'm sorry you guys, but you just suck. You're ALWAYS doing the greatest stuff. I have to say that you're right about living it up now though. I'm jealous!

The Powells said...

Ash, you have been in my dreams for the past three weeks! Every night we're on some random adventure. Weird huh? Anyways, hope everything is going good for you! Can I get your phone # again?