Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Matt Costa



Last year I was introduced to Matt Costa at the Kokua Music festival and of course I liked his music. I knew he was coming for a show at a small venue in China Town and I didn't think I could go for two reasons, I didn't think I had the money and two (and most importantly) Finals week which starts tomorrow was going to mean I had test everyday this week. (we don't have any kind of dead week here just last day of instruction (today) and BOOM! its finals tomorrow.
Anyways the miracle occurred Sunday night when my buddy Mathoni came over and invited me to go to the concert with him, what was I supposed to say no? are you kidding? Ashley was all for me going and luckily for me I didn't have anything going on Tuesday night. It was one of the best concerts I've been to in my life. I was standing about 15 feet away from the man and the place was pretty small. I'll tell you what if you ever get a chance to go to a Matt Costa concert do it because Matt will not let you down, the man is a performer and he sounded better live. Apart from that, he didn't really swear or say anything dirty his whole hour and a half long set. The guy who opened up for Matt Costa (Micah Wolf) was surprisingly talented as well. After the show Matt Costa just went outside and talked to everyone, he was really approachable and I got to shake his hand I only wish I had brought a camera.
To conclude this blog I think we ALL left with a little crush for Matt Costa. j/k (kinda)




5 comments:

Tiffani said...

Ok, I'm going to have to listen to Matt Costa now because I trust you Brandon. I was just thinking about all the things you've got us started on...Jack Johnson, Flight of the Conchords, Conan, Steven Colbert...You have good taste I guess. I'm so glad you could go to the concert. Sounds like you had a blast.

Monica said...

Hi Brandon

I am so glad you got to go to a concert you enjoyed so much!! You deserved a break. Now you will be energized for finals! Good Luck on finals. I know you'll do great.
love you both
Momica ( I like that)

Calley said...

Allllright, I'm jealous. There I said it!

The Frandsens said...

I love Matt Costa. Do you ever think maybe you should spread your luck around? You already live in Hawaii, would it have killed you to ask if I wanted to go to the concert in your place? Just something to think about for next time.....

The Frandsens said...

ok...so some mahu little boys have a little bigger crush on Matt than others ... I have the songs we sing album and I'll agree, it's some good old down to earth stuff.