Friday, January 11, 2008

Getting festively Plump, Christmas in Hawaii




Brandon broke his own personal record by gaining 6 pounds in oune day. It sounds pretty unrealistic but its true. We started the night before by cooking up a big Christmas eve ham dinner. From there we woke up early to open presents (Brandon has been waking up early for Christmas his whole life) we ate some cinnemon rolls. We had a brunch where the two sets of senior couple missionaries in our ward made us a ham and potatoes. About two hours after eating brunch we were invited to a Kiwi/Ausie early dinner where we ate lamb amoung other things. Ashley had a hard time devouring such a cute animal but, when in Rome.... she went all out and even put some mint jelly on it and everything. We eventually ended up playing some games at a family in our ward's house (and when I say play games I mean get shot at by their adorible asian kids while everybody else plays) and were given even more food. Needless to say I had been 'crack skinny' since I can remember and the day after Christmas was the first time in my life I wanted to lose weight. My old roommates have commented on seperate occaisions that ever since I've been married I've gotten fatter while Ashley just keeps looking better and better.....ARRRGGHH! Jerks..... Its sad because its true I'm becoming a 'fat kid' and I think its because I am stealing all of Ashley's food. I have my excuses but none of them are any good. My favorite though is I was one of the few Nephites who stayed here for Christmas and surrounded by polynesians makes me look like skeletor.

No comments: