Saturday, January 26, 2008

Roughin' It!!

Brandon and I ( mostly Brandon..) decided it would be fun to go camping one night since we had a three day weekend.... We are lucky to be able to go camping anytime here in Hawaii since the weather is pretty nice most of the time... Brandon was very excited because got a Tent for Christmas! Our friends Nick and Alysha decided to brave the outdoors with us, so Alysha and I made Tin-foil dinners, girls camp style and packed up everything but the kitchen sink and headed out to the beach. We knew ahead of time that you needed a permit to camp on the beach in Hawaii, but we figured we would live life on the edge and go without one, but when we got there we saw a sign that said our car would be towed if we did not have a permit....we started to get nervous, but I made Brandon go talk to a camper with me and he ended up being from Germany, and he had a permit that allowed ten campers and it was just him and his girlfriend there, so he agreed to let us claim to be part of his group! (poor guy probably had no idea what we were asking of him, he just kept saying "no problem!"). Long camping story short: Dinner was great! sleeping outside was another story.... It rained all night and we were kinda cramped in our little tent....but all in all It was fun...but I am thinking camping would be more fun if you just did not have to stay there all night.


Sorry it is blurry but this is us cookin' dinner!

The sky!

This is my "I am ready to go" face.

2 comments:

Cierra said...

Ashley! I just "added" you on my friends list and I am so excited. :) im such a dork. anyways, your face in that picture is incredible. camping is always full of good and bad times all wrapped up in one. you gotta love it!

Cierra said...

p.s. this is cierra orellana!