Sunday, May 9, 2010

Akasha


It being Mother's day weekend, and me being the type to milk my holidays for all that they are worth, I casually mentioned to Brandon that I had to go see Akasha or I would just die!

Akasha was a dance performace put on by IONA contempary dance theatre in Honolulu. The tickets are usually around 25-45 bones each, it little too pricey for our blood, so when they came to the school and the tickets were a whopping 6 dollars, I was SOOOOO EXCITED!!

This was the blurb describing Akasha:

When the four elements of earth, air, water, and fire are combined, they create AKASHA, the Sanskrit word for ether and also the inspiration for IONA Contemporary Dance Theatre’s newest work. The new show will pay tribute to the dance company’s 20th anniversary with several fan favorites from past shows, including Electric Blue, Destiny, and The Mythology of Angels, in addition to five new works celebrating the elements.

the first two dances, I was a little nervous, they seemed a little cheesy for my liking, but then it really got good... and I was super impressed it the way they incorporated the elements.... and they did a lot of climbing/flying around on ropes... super entertaining.

I couldn't take any pictures... but this one is off the website...

Being able to go to different performances really cheap and walk to them form our apartment will be one of the things I will miss the most when we skip town....

2 comments:

Brad and Sue Frandsen said...

What a great thing to see! Kind of like Circ de Soile, that's so cook they came to Laie for only $6. Hope you're feeling better Ashley!

The Frandsens said...

How fun! I would love to see this. I am very glad you were able to go, its all about milking the holidays.